There was this one girl that I was best friends with throughout elementary school, junior high school, and high school until she decided that she would rather have a guy come in between us. I was so close to her. I introduced her to all of my friends because she was sort of lonely lol, so we all chilled together. She knew all my secrets and she was there for me during my toughest times. She was like a sister to me, really. We both cherished our friendship a lot, so I’m not really sure where I went wrong on this one. She was jealous and she thought that I was going to try to take her (ex) boyfriend, so she stopped talking to me. I implored her to see reason, but she wasn’t having it. So that ended..
In 5th grade, my best friend was this girl who happened to be seated next to me because of alphabetical arrangements and whatnot. She turned out to be one of the nicest girls in the world and we shared a lot of experiences together. Our experiences were short-lived, however, because we were in different classes in junior high school. We go to the same college now, but we only run into each other every so often. She’s engaged now and she’s traveling all over the world. Absolutely amazing.
There was another girl in junior high school that was my best friend, and truth be told, I’m still not quite sure what happened there. We were inseparable. We went everywhere together and no matter what, we talked on the phone everyday. I don’t know what the hell we could have talked about for such a long period of time, but there you have it. Again, I don’t know what happened.. but it is what it is!
In high school, I had a crapload of best friends. I became close with these two girls in freshman year and I chilled with them all the damn time. We spoke on a regular basis and we tried to see each other at least once a week every week. We told each other everything and we had a lot of good times. However, over time, they both changed drastically and it got to the point where they were completely unrecognizable to me. I realized that they had become people that I did not want to associate myself with, so we drifted. There were never any confrontations with us or anything. I recently reconnected with one of them over the past few months because I saw that she wasn’t so bad anymore.. but the other girl is a whole different story. I don’t think I will ever bring myself to reconcile or rekindle what was once there.
Somewhere along the line, I made a number of guy friends and I got really close with them (at different points in my high school life). In time, I considered them to be my best friends. However, they started developing feelings for me and then it just became a little weird, so we drifted. But there was one that lingered, kind of. After I got over that weird period with him, our friendship really started to flourish. We don’t talk as much now, but we still get along really well.
I’m sure you’ve noticed by now that I haven’t been disclosing any names, but no worries. I’ll start naming names now teeheee.
Even though I had a lot of best friends in high school, I guess the “ultimate” one was someone named Owen Chen. I met him in freshman year and we never really spoke that much, but we ended up being in the same Marine Biology class and I got him a job at where I worked, so I guess it was inevitable that we started talking. We found out that we had a LOT in common—it was actually kind of scary. Our mannerisms, the way we saw things, our interests—all the same. He was basically the male version of myself. When I was a senior in high school, I was pretty lonely because all of my friends had graduated or they had dropped out (-_-), so those friendships were basically at a standstill. Owen was the only person I really had and he felt the same way with me. I will be forever grateful for his friendship—I guess I consider him to be a sort of brother to me. He was always there for me throughout all of my stupid relationship problems and I was there for him when he had his problems as well. We both got on each others’ nerves from time to time, but it was never anything major. He’s doing a lot for himself now and he’s meeting a lot of new people, so we don’t talk half as much as we used to. I miss him quite a lot, but I know that he’s happy and that we’re still good friends.. so it’s cool!
Fast forward to college life.
Most dear to me is someone named Linda Lim. I have written about her before, so if this name is new to you, then: 1) welcome to my blog, newcomer! OR 2) don’t you read anything that comes up on your dashboard? ANYWAY, she means everything to me. She is like my other half and I wouldn’t be anywhere without her. I always go to her for advice about… the world lollllll. Whether it’s shopping or boy problems, she is always there to listen to me and give me advice. I luhhh her.
Conveniently in the same group as Linda are Kelland Huang and Tony Trieu. I don’t talk to them as much as I should, but I still consider them very dear to me. They’ve always been there for me and we’ve had a shitton of good times together. I love em.
I am also very close with these two guys: Raymond Chen and Eric Ng. They are pretty much my brothers. We’re all really close with each other. It’s always a good time when I’m hanging out with them—they’re both incredibly hilarious and they always know how to cheer me up and take care of me when I’m down. I’ve known Raymond ever since freshman year of high school, but we never started talking until maybe.. junior year, I’d say. I met Eric Ng in my freshman year of college. We found each other on Facebook and started talking and chillin. Now, he’s one of my closest friends. I am SO happy that I go to school with them because it gives me so many more chances to see them. I have had so many adventures with them and thinking back on them still makes me laugh from time to time. They are the best.
Another one of my best friends right now is Joshua Mouzon. Yes, a NON ASIAN! He is one of the sweetest and most sincere people I’ve ever met. He’s also incredibly intelligent and he dresses too damn nice to be straight HAHAHA. We always have really good talks; I love that he is able to articulate himself so well and he can hold his own in an in-depth conversation. He has helped to pick me up when I was down many a time and I don’t know what I’d do without him.
Last, but not least is someone named Julio Serrano. I’ve known him ever since I was in junior high school, but we didn’t talk too much until last year. He’s always been a really cool and chill guy. I had the chance to see him a lot last year since I went to the park all the time and he was my handball trainer. He also kind of became my life trainer too. Like every one of my other best friends, he’s always been there for me. He always pushes me to become the very best that I can and he always supports me in all of my endeavors. He’s such a good friend that he gets upset when I’m down about something because he feels that I do not deserve to get hurt in any way possible lol—what a pal. He reminds me to always stay strong no matter what’s going in my life and I’m really grateful to have him in my life. He is definitely a constant.
Okay, so I wrote all of those at like 8-9 in the morning, so I know I definitely repeated myself a lot. I also left out some people, some intentionally.. some not, but it’s not the end of the world. Besides, I think I wrote a pretty decent amount already, so I am going to sleep.
1) Post 15 facts about yourself.
- I am a writer. Getting somewhere with an English major is probably one of the most difficult things to do in today’s world, but I’m willing to take that risk. Writing is my passion and I figure that if I work hard enough, I’ll end up exactly where I want to be. Maybe I won’t be making as much money as the finance and economics junkies out there, but I’ll be content.
- I am really freaking sensitive. I think it derives mostly from having extremely high expectations for people and then getting completely shot down most, if not all, of the time.
- Lions are my favorite animals because they are the king of the fuckin jungle. They are majestic, awesome, and their manes are so fluffy.
- I like my steaks medium-rare, heavily marinated for extra flavor.. with a little butter on top. Preferably with all the fat cut off for me because I am spoiled like that.
- I hate playing board games or video games or whatever have you where you can steal stuff from one another because it just makes me super angry and resentful towards that person. I do not care if it adds another layer to the game. IT’S MY STUFF SO LAY OFF!
- I believe that there is a fine (BUT DISTINCT!) line between loving someone and being in love with them. That line is constantly being overlooked and people always mistake one for the other.
- I am currently reading more than twenty books at the moment. Yeah, I’m one of those people who just starts a book at will even if I’m currently reading another one.
- I hate it when my hair is flat.
- I don’t like eating fruits that have seeds in them or being served meat with bones because that just means extra work for food and I do not like that. I am hungry enough as is—no need to torment me with things like that.
- I thrive on attention/praise/encouragement. I have to know that the ones that I love are proud of me and that they care about my accomplishments.
- I have a really sensitive nose/immune system. It fucking sucks.
- I can’t really say that I’m a confident person. At least, not all the time. I have moments where I feel like I’m on top of the world and that I can do anything that I set my mind to. Then, there are those times where I feel like everything I do is just subpar and I am just not good enough. I can’t really explain the constant fluctuations.
- My favorite colors are red and purple, but I am beginning to like yellow a lot too.
- I am really good at remembering names and faces. For instance, by the end of the first couple of weeks of a semester, I will have remembered everyone’s name/face (not in a huge lecture class though—that’s just ridic). It’s just something I do subconsciously, I suppose.
- I have been DYING to get these two white ink tattoos on my wrists for a couple of years now. On one wrist, I plan on getting the alchemic symbol for gold because it represents perfection in every state of being and on the other will be the alchemic symbol for platinum which represents determination and grit. By putting these two together, it will represent my determination for absolute perfection.
After I finish reading a book or watching a movie, I always wonder to myself how the writers of the story were able to come up with such profound ideas. The concepts are just beyond anything I would have imagined and it makes me wonder what it takes to have an imagination like that. What experiences did they have in their lives that allowed them to dream up such things? I’ve always felt that my imagination was fairly vivid, but I’ve never had an idea that was so mind-blowing that it would change the world of literature or even film as we know it. Maybe I just haven’t experienced enough in life.. or maybe that stroke of inspiration just hasn’t hit me yet. Either way, I figure I’ve gotta change something about myself or what I’m doing. I have to set something in motion if I want this to happen.
He deserves a million reblogs<3
I can’t help but lol at the last frame. It’s so inspiring that he can keep a smile on his face, and even crack jokes about his disabilities. This man deserves all of the awards.
If he can smile, so can you .<3
he’s an inspiration♥
Naya Rivera & Lea Michele - A Boy Like That
That’s the company I’m going to be interning at. If you read my post about it from a couple of weeks ago, then you’d know that it’s an online writing community . I signed up recently and posted a couple of my stories on there. I’ve gotten some really good reviews on my writing so far and I have to admit that I am getting pretty addicted to the site! It’s a good way for me to start writing more. I am really glad that I encountered this website and that I have this opportunity to work for them - this is perfect for me!
For those of you who love to write, you should check out their site here! :)
UGH. This is going to be a very long and busy year. Currently listening to “Eye of the Tiger” - I guess this is what will help me get through it all.